Join the Hudson
Join your neighbors and friends in helping to make Hudson and its surrounding areas healthy and beautiful for all – people, pets and pollinators alike.
Everyone can support the environmental health and well-being of our community by creating, supporting and preserving pollinator-friendly habitats. All of us, individually and collectively, can make a real difference by ensuring we are making smart and thoughtful choices in our yards, our parks and our open spaces.
We invite you to join us by taking the following steps:
- Plant and nurture native trees and shrubs and native flowers that bloom from spring through fall.
- Where you can, reduce the amount of lawn in your yard and mow your grass high. By not mowing your grass shorter than 3-inches high, you promote better root growth and prevent lawn burn-out during dry spells.
- Eliminate the use of chemically derived pesticides, insecticides, herbicides, fungicides and fertilizers, except on those rare occasions they are absolutely required to resolve an infestation and/or improve habitat for native plants and wildlife.
- Practice sustainable gardening and lawn practices by removing invasive plants, using responsible watering practices, mulching your leaves and leaving grass clippings in place.
- Post your Pollinator sign with pride and talk to your friends and neighbors about the crucial role we can all play in preserving and protecting open space and parks and ensuring a healthy habitat for pollinators, birds and wildlife.
For more information, visit
Or contact Jen Carchidi at firstname.lastname@example.org